Artificial intelligence to enable human creativity. We create products and services for the creative industries, with a focus on music and media. We work with artists and creators on supporting the human creative process and on new concepts of creativity.
FeedForward exists to work with amazing businesses and creators in the creative industry who have great industry knowledge and want to work with AI, but don’t have access to the expertise. We are the bridge between the frontier of machine learning and its practical applications. Our main product is Figaro, the AI search engine for music and sound catalogues.
Machine learning is at the core of what we do at FeedForward. The company is growing rapidly. As a business, we are committed to sustainable growth - we have grown organically since we started at the beginning of 2018 and have recently taken strategic angel investment to accelerate the development of Figaro. On the back of our growth, we are now looking to expand our team for core research and development.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to help develop our core technologies for audio tagging, similarity recommendations, personalisation and machine understanding of music taxonomies and search. There is a strong research component to the role, and you will also work on building new technology and machine learning models into our commercial system. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing business in a fast-paced industry, from research and development to deployment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with large audio and metadata datasets to create new machine learning models and approaches for solving music industry client problems
- Contributing to a leading team in the space of machine learning for creative applications
- Enhancing a strong culture of innovation within the company
- Research new methods and approaches for delivering valuable gains for domain-specific problems
- Design, build, train and evaluate deep learning models for audio analysis
- Communicate ideas and results to the wider team, and potentially also to board-level and client stakeholders
- Work closely with the company’s Chief Scientific Officer on research strategy
WHO YOU ARE
You will have one or more of the following:
- A strong research track background in a technical subject such as mathematics, physics or computer science
- A technical degree from a reputable university
- Demonstrable experience programming with Python
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms
- Strong knowledge of core machine learning and deep learning principles
- Enthusiasm for working in the music industry
In addition, the following would be a bonus:
- A postgraduate qualification from a reputable university (PhD preferred)
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a development team
- Some knowledge of digital signal processing techniques
- Experience developing machine learning models for music or audio applications
- Experience using git for version control
We encourage flexible and/or remote working and are open to considering part-time roles. We welcome applications from people returning to the workplace after a career break. You must have the right to work in the UK either through citizenship or a valid Visa that you currently hold.
Competitive, dependent upon experience.
With a founding team whose experience includes mathematics, music, software engineering, arts, science and business, we know that creativity and diversity aren’t just buzzwords, they’re our recipe for making good things happen.
We have only got this far because we have brought together different people, with different skills, into a single team. We are still small and you have the opportunity to both join and shape the company culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your C.V. and any materials relevant to your role to firstname.lastname@example.org