FeedForward are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist for their Figaro music search and discovery products for the music, media and gaming industries. You will join our team at an exciting point as we commercially scale our existing search and metadata management platform, using machine learning to build the future of music search. You will be responsible for contributing to the development of our innovative ML system for providing intuitive music search at enterprise scale.
- Design, build and deploy machine learning models to solve core business needs for our clients
- Work with large audio and metadata dataset, including cleaning and preprocessing to prepare for training
- Enhancing a strong culture of innovation within the company
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of the literature and relevant published research
- Communicate ideas and results to the wider team, and potentially also to board-level and client stakeholders
- Work closely with the company’s Chief Scientific Officer on research strategy
Required skills / experience:
- A strong research track background in a technical subject such as mathematics, physics or computer science
- A technical degree from a top-tier university
- Strong experience in designing, implementing, training and deploying machine learning algorithms, particularly deep learning models
- Experience with the TensorFlow framework to develop deep learning models, including data processing pipelines
- Demonstrable programming experience with python
- Enthusiasm for working in the music industry
In addition, having any of the following experience is a bonus:
- Experience with cloud computing, especially with AWS
- Knowledge and experience in representation learning, such as contrastive training
- A postgraduate degree (PhD preferred)
- Experience working on MIR projects, for music or audio applications
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques
- Experience using git for version control
- You must have the right to work in the UK either through citizenship or a valid Visa that you currently hold
- £50,000-80,000: remuneration based upon experience
- Hybrid / remote working
- Flexible hours possible
- Benefits including pension and share options
- FeedForward builds AI to enable human creativity in music and media. Our product is Figaro, the intuitive music search and metadata engine, powered by machine learning.
- Fast-growing business enabling search in music and media. Backed by experienced angel investors and advisors. Existing product in the market that is loved by existing clients and a strong sales pipeline. Exciting roadmap for the future of search in music and media.
- We are an early-stage company committed to diversity in all its forms. We support remote-first and hybrid working. We support flexible hours for childcare or other caring responsibilities and part-time roles. Our success isn’t built on hiring rockstars, we perform as a collaborative and creative band.
How to apply
- Please upload your CV here*
*link not working? Email email@example.com