Artificial intelligence to enable human creativity. We create products and services for the creative industries, with a focus on music and media. We work with artists and creators on supporting the human creative process and on new concepts of creativity.
FeedForward exists to work with amazing businesses and creators in the creative industry who have great industry knowledge and want to work with AI, but don’t have access to the expertise. We are the bridge between the frontier of machine learning and its practical applications. Our main product is Figaro, the AI search engine for music and sound catalogues.
FeedForward is growing rapidly. As a business, we are committed to sustainable growth - we have grown organically since we started at the beginning of 2018 and have recently taken strategic angel investment to accelerate the development of Figaro. On the back of our growth, we now need someone to support and scale up our business operations.
As Head of Operations, you will take on an important position in the company, leading the development of scalable commercial, financial and HR practises. You will also play a key role managing and advising on budgets, deals, and pricing based upon your understanding of both the company’s financial position and its strategy. To be successful, you will have to ensure that the big picture always stays in focus, whilst also being willing to get stuck into the detail. You will need to be able to communicate your work clearly across all stakeholders, including clients and board members. This is an exciting opportunity to work across operations, HR and finance for a leading company in a fast-paced and interesting industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the evolution of business operations so that they are streamlined and scalable to support culture, growth and innovation.
- Management of company finances on a day-to-day basis, including: bookkeeping, P&L across business functions, budgets, payroll, expenses, business insurance, invoicing and bills.
- Managing the relationship with the external accountant and use of Xero.
- Lead on profitability and pricing elements of proposals and project delivery, with an emphasis on Figaro.
- Oversee company applications for external funding, including for R&D tax credits and grant applications.
- Management of HR, including: development of HR policies and procedures, pensions, equity and options schemes, and maintaining compliance with legal obligations to staff.
- Management of recruitment by running hiring processes that reflect our company culture and help to find the best candidates.
- Potentially support on business development by running internal sales meetings and processes and contributing to sales materials.
WHO YOU ARE
As a person you are comfortable switching between many different topics on a daily basis. You are equally able to engage on people issues as on budgets and profitability tracking. You like to consider things at a strategic level but you are also not shy about getting stuck into the practical work that will be required to establish strong internal operations within a young company.
You might have one or more of the following:
- Management consultancy experience
- Project management or operations experience in a technology company
- Accountancy qualifications
- Experience as a financial director
- Familiarity working in or with Agile software development teams
We encourage flexible working and are open to considering part-time and remote working. We welcome applications from people returning to the workplace after a career break. You must have the right to work in the UK either through citizenship or a valid Visa that you currently hold.
Competitive, dependent upon experience.
With a founding team whose experience includes mathematics, music, software engineering, arts, science and business, we know that creativity and diversity aren’t just buzzwords, they’re our recipe for making good things happen.
We have only got this far because we have brought together different people, with different skills, into a single team. We are still small and you have the opportunity to both join and shape the company culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your C.V. and any materials relevant to your role to firstname.lastname@example.org